I. Doctor don't make many house calls these days.
II. Jesus was a Physician who made house calls (Luke 5:31).
A. Peter's mother-in-law (Mat 8:14-15).
III. Jesus still makes house calls.
A. People are spiritually ill (Luke 5:32).
B. Jesus is concerned about the whole person.
IV. In Mat 9 we see the greatness of Jesus.
I. LIFE IS RESTORED (MAT 9:18-26).
A. Jesus was the restorer of physical life.
1. Jairus' Plea: "My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live."
a. Why wait? (Lk 4:28-29).
2. Jairus' Persistence [Woman with issue of blood] (Lk 8:49-50).
3. Jesus' Promise (Lk 8:50).
4. Jesus' Power (Mk 5:40-42).
B. Jesus is the restorer of spiritual life (Eph 2:1).
1. Our Plea: (Acts 2:37).
2. Our Persistence (Acts 2:41-42).
3. Jesus' Promise (Jn 5:24-25).
4. Jesus' Power (Rom 1:16; Rev 1:5).
II. SIGHT IS RESTORED (MAT 9:27-31).
A. Jesus was the restorer of physical sight.
1. Decision: "Son of David."
a. Son of God - Christ (Mat 22:42).
b. Man of Mercy (Mat 9:13).
2. Desire: the 2 blind men followed Him, "crying out and saying, "Son of David, have mercy on us!"
3. Decisiveness: ""Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord."
B. Jesus is the restorer of spiritual sight (Mat 13:13-17).
1. Decision: (Rom 11:7-8).
2. Desire: (2 Cor 4:4).
3. Decisiveness: (Jn 8:32; Ax 16:14).
III. SPEECH IS RESTORED (MAT 9:32-34).
A. Jesus was the restorer of speech.
1. Silenced (Satan silenced him).
2. Savior opened his mouth.
B. Jesus is the restorer of speech.
1. Silenced (children - adults).
a. Peter [sifted - spokesman] (1 Pet 5:8).
(1) Satan silences by: lying, murmuring, backbiting, demoralizing, false teaching, half preaching.
2. Savior (Ax 4:12; 1 Pet 3:15; Mk 16:15-16).
3. Speak (2 Tim 2:2; Ax 8:4; Eph 4:15).
I. Jesus is still the great Restorer: life, sight & speech.
II. The question is: Do you want to live, see & speak?